*VIRTUAL* SAR Writer - AML Investigations
409 Silverside Road , Suite 105 Wilmington, DE 19809
TEMP / TEMP-PERM
- Investigate and analyze potential AML and fraudulent transactions.
- Document findings up to and including filing SARs (Suspicious Activity Reports).
- Escalate cases to the proper government enforcement authorities.
- Conduct financial forensic investigations on AML cases involving complex transaction patterns. Case sources include internal applications, referrals from business lines, law enforcement and department intelligence.
- Determine and pursue the best investigative approach for each unique case, ensuring that key questions are addressed and that compliance AML department policies and regulatory expectations are satisfied.
- Independently assess risk represented by the customer and/or the activity in which the customer has engaged.
- Prepare Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) in compliance with established regulatory guidelines and time frames.
- Communicate findings, status, open issues and other AML-related items to management regularly.
- Conduct periodic internal account/customer reviews to identify potentially suspicious activity.
- Completely and accurately document steps taken through the investigation escalation process.
- Escalate and coordinate cases with law enforcement as applicable. Effectively obtain information and assistance from appropriate law enforcement agencies, peer banks, and other external groups on AML issues and cases.
- Provide feedback, input and suggestions on AML (Anti-Money Laundering) and Know Your Customer (KYC) issues, acting as a subject matter expert on the operations and processes to streamline and improve function effectiveness.
- An undergraduate degree
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years related transaction monitoring or investigative experience in AML or Fraud
- Strong working knowledge of AML and KYC rules and regulations with exposure to SARs documentation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook