3333 Henderson Blvd Tampa, FL 33609
TempExperts is seeking a Bankruptcy Coordinator to join a Tampa Financial Institution. This coordinator will be responsible for handling and monitoring the status of residential and commercial bankruptcies (Chapter 7, 11, and 13), filing proofs of claim, filling out verifications, and reviewing bankruptcy policies and related documents. In the role, you will also be responsible for providing posting instructions on bankruptcy payments and interacting with outside counsel.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Handling all bankruptcy-affected loans including ensuring compliance with procedural and regulatory requirements such as filing proofs of claim, preparing reaffirmation agreements, etc.
- Monitoring various monthly reports to ensure that all delinquent events have been attended to; including reviewing bankruptcy plans and other documents as required.
- Handling incoming customer calls regarding bankruptcy.
- Interacting with external legal counsel on litigation and bankruptcy cases; Testify in hearings/meetings to represent the institution and provide additional information during a discovery process.
- Receiving and processing all garnishment, child support enforcement freezes, IRS levies, Foreclosure Mortgage Complaints and judgements.
- Preparing and filing all required documents for filing foreclosures or for filing suit.
- Completing the Allowance for Loan Loss Report, Comparative Delinquent Loans Report, etc.
- Completing charge-off function on loans identified as a loss and approved for such action.
- Evaluate all reportable delinquent loans in coordination with the Senior Vice President/CFO for the purpose of funding for losses in the absence of the Collection Manager.
- Filing credit life and credit disability claims and respond to credit reporting complaints.
Skills & Requirements:
- 6 months to two years of similar or related experience
- A two year college degree or equivalent business, trade school, or in-house training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Utmost sensitivity and discretion – especially in compliance with HIPAA regulations