Direct Hire Construction Project Manager
1000 N Ashley Dr , Suite 317 Tampa, FL 33602
TempExperts is seeking a Project Manager to join an Award-Winning Construction Company in Tampa. The Project Manager will assist with business development, estimate projects, track project costs, and manage projects from set-up to completion. A successful candidate will be client-oriented, knowledgeable about construction projects and materials, pay attention to detail, and have a “ whatever it takes” attitude.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Building strong relationships with the client and establishing the project scope.
- Developing project schedules, plan materials, and complete purchase orders
- Qualifying sub-contractor estimates and bids, performing project buyouts, and managing subcontractors' progress against the plan.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project; Ensure the project is completed within budget
- Identify, track, and monitor all project related variances, scope changes, or contingencies throughout the project
- Verify the project team has necessary materials and tools to complete outlined projects, prior to start
- Communicate effectively with the Sub-Contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Coordinating the efforts of all parties involved in the project.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Managing client and consultant meetings, and client approval of progress payments and variations.
- Preparing any necessary workflow schedules and monitoring them to meet reporting deadlines.
- Informing the Management team on the progress of the work on all significant matters.
- Develop strategies to promote efficient and cost-effective work practices.
- Conduct post-project evaluation and prepare final reports for management
Skills, Requirements, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- 3-5+ years of related experience in construction management
- PMP Certification (preferred)
- Proven success with business development
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Flexible and dynamic; able to work in fast-changing conditions
What is Offered:
- Very competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits
- Growth opportunities with a thriving company
- Experience with an award-winning construction company
- Travel will be extremely limited – mostly within the Tampa Bay Area
- Monday – Friday work schedule
Although the emergence and progression of COVID-19 has changed our personal and professional routines, TempExperts is actively recruiting, interviewing, and placing candidates for a wide variety of positions, with keen consideration of our candidates’ and clients’ safety.
TempExperts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.