IT Systems Administrator
2100 N. Alt. 19 Palm Harbor, FL 34683
Summary of the Position:
The role of the IT System Administrator is to maintain and upgrade the core computer systems of the organization’ s environment wherever they do business. This person would be responsible for all aspects of the IT environment. The ideal candidate will be capable of assembling, troubleshooting and installing hardware as needed by the organization as well as having high-level knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructure and server systems. This position will also assist other technicians on projects as directed.
- Provide second and third level support to all clients and employees of the organization at all locations.
- Evaluates and installs patches, software releases, and upgrades as need to maintain the integrity of the system as it relates to security and functionality.
- Identify and resolve complex software related problems.
- Uses management software to monitor and troubleshoot servers, system and applications.
- Coordinate repairs and modification to servers, system and applications.
- Maintain data integrity, storage space, and system security.
- Perform equipment reviews and hardware inventories.
- Manage and administer hardware and software contracts and licenses.
- Develop and maintain system documentation.
- Perform system backups and recovery testing it to ensure compliance with the organization’ s DR strategies.
- Manage the purchasing and distribution of all hardware and software for the organization while maintaining complete and accurate inventories.
- Manage and maintain all enterprise systems like Exchange Mail, DNCP, DNS, antivirus, spam filters and Active directory.
- Research new technologies and investigate their potential for use in the environments.
- Perform server setups and maintenance based on IT requirements in a Virtual environment.
Additional Skills and Requirements:
- Must be well organized.
- Minimum three years IT experience in similar role.
- Bachelor’ s degree in IT preferred.
- VMware server experience a must.
- VMware VCP certification preferred
- Microsoft MCSE certification Server Infrastructure preferred
- Linux LPIC-2 certification preferred
- Ability to lift and move equipment.
- Ability to take a follow direction.
- Ability to work OT and weekends for projects if needed.
- Good customer service skills.
- Team player.