Pharmacy Tech - Prescription Fill Technician
500 Eagles Landing Drive Lakeland, FL 33810
- Perform routine, professional pharmacy functions.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality guidelines of HIPAA.
- Accountable for making sure that patient name and date of birth match up on prescriptions.
- Ensure all prescription information is entered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Accountable for checking patient history for any duplicate orders and follow the proper procedures.
- Follow and aid in enforcement of all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for doing a “ PD3Q” check before finishing and sending the order on.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Registered Pharmacy Technician with the State of Florida.
- Preferred – national certification (CPhT)
One year minimum of pharmacy experience
- Type at least 25 words per minute.
- Enter 30 prescriptions per hour.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work through distractions.
- Communicate effectively, patiently and courteously.
- Focused team player, who can work in conjunction with pharmacists, other departments, customers, and management.
- Work independently with little supervision and meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to perform repetitious work accurately.
This position is in a typical office environment which requires prolonged sitting and standing in front of a computer.
In addition, this position requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment, including the operation of standard computer and phone equipment. May have occasional high stress when dealing with customers/clients and employees.
This position may be required to work long hours. The position may have to handle or have exposure to hazardous drugs or products.