CNC Machinist I
12501 Telecom Dr Tampa, FL 33637 US
Operate CNC lathe /mill to perform a variety of machining operations or set-up and operate various manual machines. Maintain and check dimensions to blueprints and sketches using a variety of precision measuring instruments. Work in a team-oriented environment to meet quality and efficiency goals. Work in a 6S manufacturing environment and be committed to workplace safety.
- Review the work order instruction and drawings requirements & obtain tools for preparation.
- Perform the following functions to meet drawing specifications using a variety of Tools & Methods to meet daily production requirements:
- Die Grinders to Deburr & Polish, Hand Deburring & Polishing, Stamping & Electric Etching.
Perform the following functions to meet drawing specifications using the following chemicals to meet daily production requirements:
- Degrease parts using Part Washers
- Perform hand tapping as needed. Use Arbor press or Hand tools to insert bushings.
- Capable of using Jib Crane, Gantry & Rail Hoist to lift and move parts to operation positions.
- Set-up and/or operate various drill presses, punch press involving drilling, taping, reaming, countersinking.
- Use a variety of gauges to check parts such as Plug & Ring Thread gages, Plug Diameter gages.
- Report any problems or difficulties to the supervisor.
- Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition & 6S.
- Following safety procedures and policies.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2 years of experience deburring machining
- Able to read drawings and blueprints.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to use measuring equipment, including caliber, micrometers, checking gauge etc.
- Data input skills / computer skills.
- General PLC knowledge of controller to operate machine.
- Knowledge of operating manual secondary equipment, drill press, saw, punch press, etc.
- Able to operate lathes and/or mills.
- Knowledge of turning, facing and boring to hold tolerances +/- 0.001.
- Lifting material up to 50lbs
- EHS awareness
- Flexibility in shift times.
- Flexibility in working overtime.
- HS Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Associate`s / Technical Degree (two years) is preferred.
- US. Citizen