Legal Assistant Trust/Estate/Probate (Direct Hire)
West Palm Beach, FL 33401 US
West Palm Beach, FL
TempExperts is seeking a Legal Assistant with Trust/Estate/Probate experience to join a thriving firm in West Palm Beach, FL!
- Prepare documents for attorney review, including Florida Probate pleadings and other documents for sophisticated trust and estate administration matters.
- Prepare initial drafts of trust and estate-related tax returns.
- Prepare trust and estate accounting and administer guardianships.
- Gather, organize, summarize, and index documents from various sources.
- Attend and participate in client meetings and document executions.
- Complete special projects.
- Meet with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Draft legal documents, including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories, file motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Develop and maintain records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Ability to perform tasks utilizing legal office software such as document management and billing software. Experience in Coyote is a plus.
- Full proficiency with advanced, multifunction word processing software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and PDF programs) and proficient in Double Time.
- Strong background in the Florida Probate Code and Florida Trust Code.
- Proficiency with GEMS.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an American Bar Association (ABA) approved paralegal educational program or a four-year degree and a paralegal certificate from an ABA-certified program are preferred.
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required with six (6) years of paralegal or relevant legal experience and a paralegal certificate required.
- Minimum five (5) years of prior paralegal, relevant legal experience.
- Paralegal Certification a plus.
- Demonstrated solid knowledge in one or more areas of law and its processes.
- Knowledge of specific practice groups, i.e., litigation, trust & estates, real estate, and corporate tax practices.
TempExperts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.