Paralegal Real Estate (Direct Hire)
Palm Beach, FL 33480 US
Palm Beach, FL
TempExperts is seeking a Paralegal with Real Estate experience to join a thriving firm in Palm Beach, FL!
- Coordinate commercial and residential real estate transaction closings, including maintaining closing checklist, preparation and distribution of signature page packages, preparation and review of settlement statements, and coordination with various transaction parties as required.
- Assist with preparation and review of commercial and residential real estate purchase and sale closing documents.
- Assist with the preparation and review of loan documents (including UCC Financing Statements).
- Order and review title commitments and survey, review same, prepare title, and survey objection letters and title/survey memoranda, and prepare escrow closing letters.
- Order and/or collect other typical legal due diligence items for sale and loan transactions, including zoning/governmental compliance letters, UCC/judgment searches, entity authority documents, good standing certificates, and estoppel letters from lienholders, tenants, and other parties to a declaration, easements, and similar agreements.
- Order, review, and abstract UCC/judgment/lien search results.
- Obtain and review zoning reports and conduct related zoning analyses.
- Prepare consents, resolutions, and other basic corporate documents.
- Handle or coordinate filing/recording documents using Double Time.
- Prepare closing binders and handle post-closing matters.
- Meet with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Develop and maintain records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and real property law.
- Bachelor's degree from an American Bar Association (ABA) approved paralegal educational program or a four-year degree and a paralegal certificate from an ABA-certified program are preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years of prior paralegal experience, specifically in commercial and residential real estate.
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required with ten (10) years of paralegal experience, specifically in commercial and residential real estate, and a paralegal certificate required.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Ability to perform tasks utilizing legal office software such as document management and billing software. Experience in Coyote is a plus.
- Full proficiency with advanced, multi-function word processing software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and PDF programs) and proficiency in Double Time and iManage.
- Demonstrated solid knowledge in one or more areas of law and its processes.
- Knowledge of specific practice groups, i.e., litigation, trust & estates, real estate, and corporate tax practices.